The October 26, 2016 Meeting
Program: Linda Neymeyer "Flower Arranging for Your Home"
Artistic Design: Barb Templin "Design Book Presentation"
Horticulture: Alycyn Culbertson "Butterflies in Your Garden"
Volunteers needed to staff the booth!
BVGC will have a booth at the Bella Vista Farmers Market every 3rd Sunday for the rest of this year.
Check it Out!!!
Christmas Luncheon December 7, 2016
River Grill Restaurant
11:00 a.m. Arrival and Social Time
11:30 a.m. LUNCHEON Served
Tomato Basil Bisque
Salad Chicken Spinach
Panko Crusted Tilapia
Beef Pot Roast
Payment due no later than November 15, 2016
Make check out the the Bella Vista Garden Club and send to Dorothy Sandoval.
Be sure to state your food preference.
No refunds after November 30, 2016
Next Regular Meeting January 25, 2017
Program: Staci Elkins, Birdsong Gardens - "Growing Arkansas Native Plants"
Artistic Design: Floral Design Committee – “Flower Arranging”
Horticulture: Mary Doyle – "Northwest Arkansas Experienced Gardeners' Tips"
We need your nominations for a Yard of the Month!!!
WHAT TO DO IN YOUR GARDEN NOW
- Re-arrange your garden as needed; now is the time for transplanting!
- You can still plant fall annuals like Pansies, Snapdragons and Decorative Kale!
- There is still time to plant your spring bulbs like daffodils. Have you gotten your "Bella Vista Daffodils? Remember to apply bone meal to Jump Start.
- Water plants before extended periods of freezing temperatures.
- There is still time to plant shrubs, ground covers, and trees!
- If your plants didn’t get much fertilizer this past growing season, you can put down a slow release nitrogen fertilizer such as cottonseed meal.
Coming Soon: A new link to the Native Plant section that lists native plants specific to your area and the caterpillars that use them as host plants based on the research of Dr. Doug Tallamy.