February 22, 2017 Meeting
Program: Joanie Roberts, Artist's Retreat Center -
"Arkansas Native Plants and Foods"
Artistic Design: Floral Design Committee –
“Flower Arranging Supplies” with Geri Hoerner
Horticulture: Master Gardener Panel - "Answers to Your Gardening Questions" with Elaine Rooney, Beth Kastl, Lou Jasper, Alycyn Culbertson, and Missy Stratton.
Registration is now open
Friday, March 17th from 12:00 to 4:00
at United Lutheran Church
Next Meeting - March 22, 2017
United Lutheran Church in Bella Vista
Social Time - 11:00 am
Business meeting - 11:30 am
Program followed by light Lunch - 12:00 pm
Program: "Blue Birds in Bella Vista" - Leon Wehmeyer
Artistic Design: Floral Design Committee -
Horticulture: Lou Jasper - "Spring Things"
First Robin of Spring Workshop
by ROBIN POKORSKI
Where: NWA Community College - Shewmaker Center - Walmart Auditorium, One College Drive, Bentonville, AR
When: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9 am - 4 pm
Why: Inspiration & motivation for OUR GARDEN CLUB
Cost: $25 (before Feb 15th $30 after) – includes lunch and supplies
The workshop will include:
· Exercises in team building/teamwork
· Leadership skills tool kit
· Garden club publicity ideas
· Motivational practices
· Public speaking tips
· Conducting effective meeting
· Parliamentary procedure review
· Nonprofit do’s and don’ts
· Membership recruitment and retention
Please complete the registration form that was emailed to all members and mail it with your check to Geri Hoerner.
and more information
We need your nominations for a Yard of the Month!!!
WHAT TO DO IN YOUR GARDEN NOW
- Apply pre-emergent weed control and Crabgrass Preventer before the end of the month.
- Spot treat winter weeds with appropriate herbicide.
- Prune ornamental grasses, summer blooming spireas, and crapemyrtles. Clean up any evergreen perennials before new growth begins.
- Wait to prune Spring flowering plants like azaleas, gardenias, hydrangeas and forsythia until after blooming.
- Add fertilizer to your bulb plants as the flower stalks begin to emerge.
- Pansies and violas will be on the rebound as the days get warmer, so remember to fertilize to insure good blooming through the end of the season.
- Don’t forget to prune your blueberries, grape vines, and fruit trees. Wait until late in the month to prune the fruit trees.
- This is a great month to plant fruit trees!
- Roses need pruning this month too. Prune your Knock-Out and Hybrid Tea roses this month, but wait until after blooming to prune your climbing roses. Also wait to prune any other roses that only bloom in the Spring until after they bloom.
- It’s time to plant a cool season vegetable garden.