The Annual Spring Luncheon was held at the
Mason-Dixon Cafe in the Highlands Club House
on June 1, 2016.
Fun was had by all.
New Officers: Dorothy Sandoval, 2nd VP; Char Brunje, Assistant Treasurer; Linda Neymeyer, Secretary; Judy Jeffrey, 1st VP; and Tony LiCausi, President. Not shown: Betty Boling Stull, Assistant 2nd VP; Karen Welch, Treasurer; Barb Templin, Assistant Secretary; and
Kate Pilarski, Parliamentarian.
in Hot Springs
Lots of fun was had by all.
If you took photos, please sent them to Cathy Wayson for a video on Youtube.
Next Meeting September 28, 2016
See you there?
BVGC will have a booth at the Bella Vista Farmers Market every 3rd Sunday for the rest of this year.
June 10th was a huge success!!!
Check the Club Buzz for more details.
WHAT TO DO IN YOUR GARDEN NOW
The web worms are back but don't panic.
The worms will not kill the tree unless it is totally covered and the tree is extremely stressed. Just puncture the web with a rake or pole and the wasps will take care of the worms. If the web is too high to reach, a pellet gun can work to open the web.
- Prune hydrangeas (depending on variety) and gardenias now, before they start setting next years’ blooms!
- Give annuals and perennials a haircut if needed.
- Keep fertilizing annuals.
- Water lawns early in the day before plants get stressed.
- Monitor vegetables for insect and disease and treat as needed.
- Water, water, water! Monitor how much water you are applying by placing a small container in the lawn area; the goal is 1.5 inches per week.
- Water early in the morning before plants get heat stressed.
- After this month, stop applying nitrogen fertilizer to azaleas and other shrubs.
- Spot treat weeds in lawns.
- Treat crapemyrtles with Bonide Systemic Insect Control after blooming ends to protect against and treat for Crapemyrtle Bark Scale.